Friday, September 10, 2010

Parade Pic

I thought I would mention that the Globe is using a photo Julie took last Sunday without attribution. It is a picture of several girls leading the annual Labor Day parade and it appears on their Your Town page. I would have thought that they might have asked or at least given her a credit, but I am not surprised as I often think of things that might be done that others do not do. I know I do my best to give credit when I assemble a Power Point presentation for school or even when I use the thesis of a history book as a starting point for a debate. History can't be studied in a void. There are big shoulders to stand on and, in this opinion anyway, they ought to be acknowledged.

I do like it that the paper is routinely linking to the blog and my data collection tells me that many readers are gaining access to the blog that way. I just like it when the girl gets credit for her good eye I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any of the posts

New Spot for the Blog from Now On

 This site has been a good friend for the past 12 plus years but it has its limitations.  To address those limitations I have set up a new w...